Monday, August 31, 2009

Highlights of Summer

Since I can't seem to get my act together to blog on a regular basis, I know there is no way to really catch up on the details of this summer that has passed way too quickly. So, I've decided to just post a few pictures of our highlights. I keep thinking I'll get better at this whole blogging thing, but it just doesn't seem to happen.

Our summer started out with Kennady turning 7. We had a fun friends swimming party at Grandma Margot's house. Isn't this a bunch of cute girls?One highlight was watching the beautiful Oquirrh Mountain temple being built right down the street. We were able to tour it with the kids and Dave and I served there a couple of different evenings during the open house. The dedication, of course, was the highlight and what an emotional and spiritual event that was for us to be inside the temple with our two boys and listen to our prophet speak just a few rooms away from us. It is something I will always remember.

Lake Powell is always one of our favorite weeks of the summer. This year Amber and Nate were unable to come and we really missed them. We found an amazing spot to camp- my all time favorite spot. You can see the houseboat in the background with Spencer tearin' it up on the knee board.

There always has to be at least one kids vs. dads water fight. Isn't this a great action shot of Dave?
Austin is getting pretty good on the wake board- way better than his mom!
Here's a serious water fighter!
You can't tell these boys are having any fun at all, can ya?


Spencer always loves the fishing aspect of Lake Powell the most and jumps at any chance to throw out a fishing line- even if it's attached to his cousin Ally's Barbie fishing pole.
Our new favorite activity- surfing.


The fam- after a week at the lake- Lookin' good!
This year was our turn to plan the annual Kimball Family Vacation and we chose Island Park near Yellowstone. Dave had never been there (and that means the kids hadn't either, of course). It was beautiful and the kids loved the week with their cousins. The hot tub on the back deck was a favorite hang out for all of them.

Once again, Spencer took every opportunity to fish and thanks to a nice uncle Andrew, got to do it quite a bit. He even bought his own pole before the trip. No more Barbie fishing poles for him!
Grandpa Steve's friend let us use his cabin on Bill's Island and we spent a fabulous day there in the lake.
The trampoline was especially popular and we all got a kick watching the kids (and a few crazy moms and dads) bounce each other into the water.
We went to the Grizzly Bear and Wolf Discovery Center in West Yellowstone where we were AMAZED by the enormous bears we got to see up close and personal.
One day we floated the Snake river in big rafts. The water remains a very nippy 52 degrees year round. Of course that doesn't deter kids (or dads) from trying out the rope swing we found en route. Cydnee didn't want to be left out of the fun and nice Uncle Andrew let her hang onto him like a monkey and try it out. BRRRRR!
Austin's awesome swing.
What a fun raft we had!!!!
Yellowstone was beautiful. This is Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.
The Dragon's Lair.

Of course there's always lots of swimming at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Uncle Phil practiced some cheerleading moves with the girls.

And of course the cabin is always a great place to escape the heat. We love going up there to relax, play games, go on walks and just get away from busy life.

Several water snakes decided to make their home under the deck, so the boys entertained themselves by trying to catch them.

7 comments:

Erin said...

It's about time! Anyway, looks about like the fun, busy, crazy, summer we had. I love it! I can't believe how fast time goes by. What a great summer.

Heather said...

Great pics and update Tif...your family is so cute! Looks like you've had a wonderful summer even if it did pass by too quickly. :)

Amber Jensen said...

FINALLY! Living so far away all the time, I live for pictures! Thanks for the update, I loved it!

BenandLisaGrimm said...

I love all your pictures, it was a great summer!

jkimball said...

I know what you mean about the summer passing fast. I am sad and happy at the same time for school to start. I am glad you had a wonderful time.

Rach said...

Loved the updates!! Thanks for sharing!

Robinson's said...

This explains why I have stopped by your house three times now to get you the cd of all your mom's stuff and you haven't been home! Your family is so cute and all the fun things you do! Well if I don't catch you before Nov 1st at your house then I will see you at your moms!