Remember this sweet little smile with the straight baby teeth?

Here's what happened this week:

I always cringe a little when the two front teeth come out because ya just gotta wait and see what comes in next. In our family, it hasn't been too pretty from here on out until the orthodontist gets involved.

AND my kids take forever to grow permanent teeth.
Spencer looked like this for about a year.

And then it looks like this for awhile:

And this (Spencer has 'em now- kinda hard to see):

But then, thanks to a great orthodontist, it turns back into this:

I guess it all works out in the end, huh?
5 comments:
Aw but she looks cute! We're in the same boat-- everything's starting to get a little wiggly in a certain 6 year old's mouth. And who KNOWS how things will come in with this family's genes. ;)
Uggh! I'm dreading that phase as well. Jess can't wait for her top teeth to fall out... I still vividly remember pictures with mine coming in, and it isn't pretty. So with the Kimball and Sorenson gene mix, I think we're in trouble!
Tif, you're so funny. That's a funny post. But it's true, that mixed dentition stage is rough. It's kind of cruel to give small children giant grown up teeth. My kids have crowded baby teeth, so we will for sure need braces at our house. Hopefully Amber and Steve will live somewhere near by and we can get a good deal.
love it! I think she looks great! Turner's teeth came in big and straight, but it's all the other teeth in his mouth that are a mess. Marin's are crooked. I think it's time to get the ortho inside her mouth now too!
It has been so fun seeing all of your posts. I am impressed. Keep it up:) Your kids are darling no matter what their teeth look like!
Post a Comment