Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mahalo

Thanks to Amber and Steve for such a wonderful vacation. We loved every minute of it and the kids are already asking when we can go back. Anyone have a money tree growing in their yard that they want to share? Here are the pics from the last few days. When I got home and uploaded all my pictures, I noticed quite a layer of sea spray on the lens of my camera, hence the slightly hazy pics. Bummer!
Spencer at the Swapmeet. He and Kennady were my best shoppers. Austin, Dave and Cydnee were done in about 5 minutes the first day, so Kennady, Spencer, Grandma and I went back another day when we could take as long as we wanted. We found some real treasures!
Havyn and Cydnee Hawaiian girls
Madi, Kennady and Taylor found this cool tree at one of the beaches and then wanted to go back to that exact spot every day after that and were so bummed when we couldn't.
Spencer, Austin and Cole getting buried.
Cydnee on our snorkeling trip.
Kennady at Waikiki Beach.

Waikiki Beach
This girl loves the beach!
Amber was in charge of their ward Primary Easter activity and had a great turnout and lots of fun for the kids. I think Kennady is the only Haole in this particular race.
All the kids at Kailua beach.
Kailua again. Madi, Austin and Taylor
Dave and Austin doing a little body surfing.
We took a beautiful, albeit muddy hike to Maunawili Falls (Amber- correct me on the spelling if I'm wrong.)
Kennady at the falls.
Dave took a little spill on the way back. It rained- like monsoon type rain- on the way back down and all of us got completely soaked and muddy.
More Beach Days. Kennady and Taylor
Cole and Austin caught a bunch of crabs and fish
Havyn and Cydnee getting sand all through their hair once again and loving every minute of it.
Looks like a Toyota commercial, huh?
Austin and Madi
Steve had to go to Korea while we were there and brought all the kids back these cool socks.
The Easter Bunny found the kids clear over in Hawaii!
Instead of wild deer and elk like we see in Utah, we saw wild pigs and lot of wild chickens and roosters.
Buddhist temple we visited on our Sunday afternoon drive.
Pali Lookout.
We were so sad to come home to a blizzard and splashed out to the van in our flip flops and shorts. We'll remember this trip forever. Mahalo Amber and Steve!

5 comments:

Layne Bushell said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip. I'm so glad that you are home! We've missed you so much!

Rach said...

So fun! Love all your pictures. Jessica is certain we now have to go see Savanna and Olivia and play at the beach. Maybe we should start saving for a Kimball family vacation there in 2015?!! So glad you're home. Can't wait to see you Saturday!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I missed you too! Layne is sooo right. I'm so sorry you're back here, though. In this crappy crap weather. It looks like you got to do everything there! Sooo fun. A trip to remember for-evah.

(still glad you're back :)

Amber Jensen said...

Oh so sad....wish you guys would come back! (Airfare is $399. right now - hint, hint) Love seeing the pics - that darn sea spray gets everywhere!

Erin said...

I love seeing the pictures. It makes me way jealous, wishing we were there too. Looks like you guys had such a fun trip. Now you'll get to hear about when you'll go back for the next 10 years, cause that's what my kids have done. (But it's only been 1 1/2 years so far.)