Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Countdown is Over

About two months ago, Cydnee started asking me how many days until her birthday, so each night we'd figure it out and she would sigh saying that's "so far away!"  I finally got smart and dragged out the countdown blocks and we literally counted down from about day 53.  The big day finally arrived.

Our present to her was bigger than she was
A new tumbling mat!  She was sooooo excited!

It's not an Amy cake, but was made with love.  She insisted on a ballerina, in case you wondered what that creature is. I tried.




Cydnee wanted to have a Fancy Nancy tea party, which was really a lot of fun.  The girls looked adorable in their fancy clothes and cute hats I found. 
The boys were good sports about it even though I'm sure it wasn't their party of choice- Alex looked like a little stud in his Sunday clothes.
Kennady and her cousins were our servers



We played games
We ate some yummy food. I think the girls loved being fancy and acting like little adults.  They were so cute trying to keep their pinkies in the air while drinking their "tea" (pink lemonade). The party seemed to be a big success
We can hardly believe our baby is 5 years old!!  We love you Cyd!

4 comments:

wjlarsens2 said...

i think the party is adorable...i forgot how fun it was to have my girls be little---you did fantastic!

Rach said...

What an amazing party! Thanks for letting Jessie help... she's still talking about it! And, your cake is darling...and looks professionally done ;)

Unknown said...

I think the ballerina on the cake is so cute!

Janelle said...

Alex really had a fun time. I am surprised that he was the only boy who wore his "fanciest clothes". I thought they all would.

Alex Loves Cydnee and tells me that all the time. He also tells me that Landon loves Cydnee and he does not know what to do about that.

I love all the party decorations. The cake is beautiful!