Friday, March 25, 2011

Just like riding a bike

It's been a long time since I last went skiing.  Spencer took a couple of snowboarding lessons last winter and LOVED it, so I took him up on the slopes, along with his 5th grade passport (awesome program!) for a day of fun.  My good friend Jessica came along with her son River and friends Austin and Kellen.
It was snowy and cold all day, but the powder was awesome!

Jess is a fantastic skiier and was very patient with me.  I was pretty happy that I could actually get down the mountain still!
A much needed lunch break to warm up.
It's amazing how fast kids can pick up new things.  A lot of times Spencer is kinda in Austin's shadow and goes along with whatever sport Austin happens to be interested in at t he time.  I'm thrilled that he's found something all his own that he can excel at.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

wjlarsens2 said...

lived in utah my whole life and NEVER been skiing...too cold for me but it looks like you guys had a super fun time. what a good mommy you are!!!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Oh looks way fun! You two are cute mamas!

Rach said...

can't wait for some lake powell pictures! Every time I click on your blog...it feels like summer is passing too quickly, that snow will be here before we know it!