Wednesday, January 21, 2009

There's a first for everything


So we've had FOUR kids and although we've had a few stitches and bumps and bruises, we've never had any foreign objects lodged up the nose until tonight. #4 gets the prize. Cydnee was playing with those little round plastic beads that you make into shapes and then iron so they fuse together. I was doing a puzzle nearby and she came over and started whining, asking me to "get it out of my nose." I looked up there with a flashlight, and sure enough she had a bead wedged clear up there. I kinda panicked for a minute and even tried to call a nurse to see what I should do. No one answered. It was too far to try and get out with tweezers or anything like that and I was afraid I'd get it stuck even further. She didn't like it much, of course. It took about 15 minutes of crying and trying to get her to blow it out into a kleenex, but it finally worked. What a little turkey. I don't think she'll be doing that again anytime soon.

10 comments:

Rach said...

Glad it finally worked its way out of there, and not down her throat... Poor little thing, hopefully there's only a first!

BenandLisaGrimm said...

Glad it came out. We had that happen with Avary. Hopefully no one will follow.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness...what a scary mommy moment and for poor Cyd too. Glad that everything came out okay...I would have been panicked too!

Dara said...

Oh lets home Cydnee does NOT teach Madison that little trick! Although in the future, Christine C. has the tool that is needed for stuff like that. She told me she has it in case something like that ever happens...just in case it happens again, now you know! Sorry that happened!
And the Christmas pics are GREAT!!

Amber Jensen said...

I wouldn't be so sure that she won't do it again. Cole did the same thing with a bead and then about a week later did it again. She is such a cutie!

Jeni said...

Tiff...thank you SO MUCH for the invite to your blog! I didn't know any of you had one and now there is a whole new Kimball blog world to explore, I am so happy! Lanie actually swallowed one of those fuse beads but it got caught half way down and was she EVER mad, they are so sharp! It finally went down, but I can't imagine a nose is much more fun...poor lil thing!

Adalia said...

Is it in the air or what? My friends little boy did the same thing and I had to use a bobby pin to get it out. Fun kid stuff.

Stef said...

Poor thing! What a classic Mommy moment, at least we can laugh about stuff like that later!

jkimball said...

My brother did something like that when he was little but it as a tiny lego. My Mom was in the ER waiting for them to do a cat scan when he told her it fell out in the car. I think she was more mad than relieved. Kids...

Erin said...

That is so dang funny. I'm glad you were able to get it out with relative ease. So far I haven't had to deal with this one.