Kennady brought home from school a cute picture she'd drawn of the family. (I wanted to scan it and post it, but it has mysteriously disappeared). The kids were drawn from tallest to shortest with their correct ages listed above their heads. Next to Austin was Dave with his age listed at 58. Then next to him was a HUGE me with my age above my head--- 68!!!! I was telling Dave about it later and he simply said, "Well, you're larger than life to her." Yeah, that should make me feel better about being 7 years older than my parents! But somehow I'm not sure that it does. :)
8 comments:
That is too funny! That makes me feel better about Jessica telling me I look like this chubby little hispanic girl in her Kindergarten class, "only bigger"!! Thanks for making me giggle...
That is funny! Wouldn't you love to be in the mind of a child. If it make you feel any better, Havyn tells me my belly is fat every single day!
Kids are so funny. I get told the strangest off the wall stuff quite frequently and I just have to laugh. I would like to know how they see the world sometimes.
If Dave is 58 years old, that makes me 54. Where did the time go?
-nate-
I love it! Don't feel too bad. At grandpa Kimball's birthday Brooklyn asked how many birthdays he had. When I told her, her eyes got big and she said, "wow, that is a lot of bithdays! I have only had 3."
I'm still chuckling!
That is hilarious. I don't know if you ever saw on my blog the picture that my little patient drew when I was pregnant, I was huge, way bigger than all the others in the office. It's pretty cute to see what kids have to say.
That's okay, it's all relative to kids - the twins think their teacher is "82!" and when they asked me how much I weighed one time I blatenly lied and told them "like 100 pounds" their eyeballs popped out like they couldn't believe I could weigh as much as 100 pounds! Imagine if I would have told them the truth. That is sweet how Dave explained it...I would stick with that :-)
Post a Comment